Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Die, and then really Live

In those delicious moments of this morning, when I just awaken, bringing myself slowly out of slumber, I had a thought:


I can't change the past... Doesn't exist.
I can't create the future... Doesn't exist.
I can get up, and do my best, today.
This single, solitary, golden day.


And that's it. That's all I really have to work with. This day in front of me.


Live in gratitude for having this day, treat it with respect.


Imagine you died, and they buried/cremated you. Poof. You're gone. Hit by a truck, died on impact. It's over. You're finished. The end.


But somehow... you made it back to life. It's a miracle! Now, how are you going to live this life, this second chance?


Your miracle of life. What would you like to do with this surprise gift?


Appreciate the little things more? Decide what you'd like to accomplish and live each day working toward accomplishing it, spend time with people who really matter to you, volunteer for a worthwhile cause, laugh more?



After all, you're living as if you've been given a second chance.

No comments: